Every innovation that improves lives, advances society, and drives our economy starts with an idea. Strong intellectual property rights—including patents, trademarks, and copyrights—protect and incentivize those ideas. When inventors, researchers, engineers, artists, and entrepreneurs have legal certainty that their work will be protected and rewarded, they can keep the transformative ideas coming. Intellectual property protections also shield consumers from dangerous fake and counterfeit goods, giving people assurances that products—from life-saving medicines to toys—are safe and authentic.
- 4 Things to Know About Intellectual Property and COVID-19 VaccinesIntellectual property enabled the discovery of lifesaving COVID-19 vaccines. Here’s why calls to waive IP rights would undermine medical innovation and our ability to respond to the next pandemic.
- Intellectual Property: A Primer for BusinessesIssues surrounding intellectual property rights in the U.S. have a significant impact on the business community. Here’s what businesses need to know.
- How Can the U.S. Government Better Protect Companies from CyberattacksHere are some ways government leaders are protecting the United States from cyberattacks that could steal intellectual property and personal data.
The U.S. Chamber’s Global Innovation Policy Center champions innovation and creativity through intellectual property standards so businesses can save lives, solve problems, create jobs, advance growth, and enhance society. Our work to protect strong intellectual property rights begins in Washington, D.C., and extends to countries across the globe.
Learn about ways government leaders are protecting the United States from cyberattacks that could steal intellectual property and personal data.
Small business advice from CO—
- Feb 23, 20225 Lessons from the 2022 International IP Index
For a decade, the International IP Index has helped economies better understand their unique intellectual property systems to improve and drive economic progress.
- Feb 23, 20222022 International IP Index
The 10th Annual International IP Index benchmarks the IP framework in 55 global economies across 50 unique indicators.
- Feb 08, 2022Filling These 3 Executive Branch Vacancies Can Help Creative Industries Thrive
The Biden Administration should prioritize filling these three executive branch vacancies critical to the protection and success of America’s creators.
- Dec 09, 20214 Things to Know About Intellectual Property and COVID-19 Vaccines
Intellectual property enabled the discovery of lifesaving COVID-19 vaccines. Here’s why calls to waive IP rights would undermine medical innovation and our ability to respond to the next pandemic.
- Nov 22, 2021Unbox Real Happiness: Don’t Let Counterfeit Goods Ruin Your Holidays
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and U.S. Customs and Border Protection team up to launch the ‘Shop Smart’ campaign to protect consumers and businesses from counterfeit goods.
- Nov 17, 202110 Tips to Spot Counterfeit and Fake Goods While Holiday Shopping
Worldwide trade in counterfeit and fake goods amounts to more than $500 billion each year. With the holiday shopping season about to kick off, here are some ways to avoid fake goods and shop smart.
- Nov 02, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Christopher S. Wilson to be the Chief Innovation and Intellectual Property Negotiator at USTR
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Finance on Christopher S. Wilson’s nomination as the Chief Innovation and Intellectual Property Negotiator with the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR).
- Oct 12, 2021Medical Innovation Happens Across America
America is where innovation thrives, and cutting-edge medicine is no exception. Right now, scientists are conducting more than 140,000 clinical trials across all 50 states to explore the potential of the therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, and cures we need to fight disease—from coronavirus to cancer.