Every day, from the halls of Congress to state capitals across the nation, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is fighting for government policies that will help more workers find jobs and help more employers find talent.
Through the America Works Agenda, we’re turbocharging these efforts—and we invite you to join us. Call on your elected leaders to take action to help America’s workers and employers by closing the skills gap, growing our country’s workforce, and keeping our economy strong.
The America Works Agenda will:
- Invest in innovative, employer-led workforce training programs to better prepare workers for the jobs of today and tomorrow
- Fund public-private partnerships at the state and local level that help develop talent based on in-demand jobs and skills in that region
- Bridge the communication gap between employers and job seekers by modernizing education, employment, and earnings records
- Reform our nation’s broken, outdated immigration laws to better meet employer needs, attract the brightest from around the world, and fill gaps in the labor market
- Remove barriers to entering the workforce by expanding childcare access and "second-chance" hiring
- Give American workers and employers new tools to invest in education and maintain their skills